Hope our time away has been good to you.
I swear time is moving faster and faster. It's been two weeks again and I'm not sure how.
Been busy on this end. This past week was a blur.
Let's see if we can bring it into focus....
I've been working on the deck extension and must say it's looking good. Got the frame done and the decking up. I think we may move the steps away from the side of the house and bring them down onto the new deck. We are contemplating covering the upper deck. Sally would like it closed in, like a sun room. The stones around the fire pit have been put on hold until after the extension is complete. So I can access how much money I don't have. LOL. Once the deck is finished it will be a nice addition to the yard.
decking in place waiting to be trimmed.
the longer boards are left overs from the front porch.
'the dance floor' as my wife calls it.
it's 8 x 12
from the side looking into the yard
Found out last week that my baby is having a baby girl. Still doesn't seem real. My wife has been out buying clothes and cribs and such. My daughter has picked out a name already....it's Kennedy Lane. Her 'mommy' drive has kicked in. Full throttle too! I have no pictures yet. I think she goes in on Monday for another ultrasound. Maybe I'll have one for the next post!
I was going to work on my witch this past weekend....well, not now. She has cracked. Horribly! The dangers of using WED clay. I'm going to have to start from scratch. I need about a three day period to work on her uninterrupted. I will have to sculpt and mold her all together to prevent the cracking again. As the WED clay dries, it shrinks. Since I put this over a wig form it shrank around it and cracked. The best way to use WED clay is to not use an armature of any kind. I know this and still I did it anyway. Dumb, dumb, dumb!!! I guess I'm going to have to lock myself in my studio to complete her. Here is a pic of the disaster that occurred.....
she's even worse now...
more cracks and her ears are about to
come off completely
My mead is about reading to be opened. YAY! Some time around the first of next month. Just a couple of weeks. I can hardly wait to try it. I'm also about to start a new batch. I ordered a new fermenting container for the new batch. It's a 9 gallon Tuff Tank. I will probably be making a 5 gallon batch. It has it's own airlock and a drain spout. Should make things much easier this time around. Also with the extra room, I hopefully will not have an explosion like I did the last time. Squished fruit on the ceiling is not a good thing! :) The 'vessel' is from E. C. Kraus home brewing. You can see more of what they have to offer here. Can't wait to get started!
my new fermenter...
I've been working on my 5x5 faerie as well. It's coming along nicely. Would like to be further along with it but haven't had much time to work on it. I've given the wings a coat of shimmering lemon yellow to add a little sparkle. Wait faerie doesn't need a little sparkle? :) I hope to have it done by the end of this coming week. **Fingers crossed!**
not a lot of 'inbetween' shots...
my hands were full of paint
maybe some flowers? or swirly things?
I ordered some ointment for my dogs this past week as well. We are having a hell of a time trying to get them to stop itching. Pixie and Roxxy both have themselves chewed raw. I'm not convinced at this point that it's poison ivy. The shots and medication that the vet gives them lasts for about two or three days and then it comes back worse than before. Pixie is red. I'm hoping that this ointment and soap will help them. It's supposed to soothe the skin and stop them from licking and chewing. **again, fingers crossed** Wish me luck! Open to suggestions at this point. :)
Well, I guess that' all for now....
Thanks to everyone who has stopped by for a visit - even when I didn't post anything new!
You all are great!!!
Be Good, Be Safe, Be Happy!