Monday, November 30, 2009

T-day weekend

Good Monday morning to everyone! Hope you all enjoyed your holiday (T-day). I had a full weekend (all four days)...Had a house full of people (who got there on Tuesday and who are still there).
Started the turkey at 8am, by 9am I was outside setting up the Christmas Cheer.


Who knew inflatables could take sooooo long to set up? They're huge - 6 feet tall by 5 feet wide and theres three of them. Finally got them located and working then moved onto the lights. Lots-o-lights!! :)   Red bulbs, blue bulbs, green bulbs. Flashing bulbs and non flashing bulbs. Snowflakes too. Next thing I knew it was 3:30 in the afternoon. Time to stop playing with the lights and get the rest of dinner done.....MMMMMMM, the turkey smells good! mashed potatoes, yams, peas, corn, green beans, cranberries and rolls. Oh and deviled eggs too!  My baby (17) had to work and didn't get home until 9pm. It was her first Thanksgiving not at home. Which really kinda sucked. My son tried to help....he got a frozen pumpking pie - and put it in the fridge instead of the freezer - we had pumpkin soup :)  It's the effort that counts, right?



Been working on ornaments all weekend. lil' Santa bulbs, big Santa bulbs, Belle Hopps, snowflakes, paperclay ornies...busy, busy!
My daughter, her friend and my daughter-in-law went shopping on 'black friday'.....out of their minds. They left the house at 2:30am to stand in line. Only to discover that Walmart had given out tickets instead of making people wait like they should. But they got everything else they went after. I don't do the AM sales. I figure if they can give it to me at that price on black friday then they should sell it to me for that price all year. That just simply tells me I'm being overcharged any other time.  I did go out later on friday.
Went to Hobby Lobby (not a good place to send me with no supervision). My daughter-in-law went with me. Had a good time looking at everything and spent waaaaayyy to much, again. Got some great ideas for some of the dolls I'm working on.
Saturday was a blur.....
Sunday wizzzzed by too, managed to get the tree up and the Mrs' houses (whole village, no, small city is closer).


I'll post the doll progress later on.....Have a Great Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment