Sunday, June 10, 2012

Rainy Dragon Tattoos

Good Sunday Morning To You All!
Hope this finds you all well & happy. :)

It's a rainy Sunday morning here in Temple. I think all of my plants are happy with the rain. It's supposed to be soggy all day. No sense in complaining about it.......we need the rain. So I guess we'll move on...

I want to thank everyone for the well wishes for my wife. She says thank you as well. The surgeon sent her for an MRI since he believes the issue with her toe is cartilage related. So Friday evening we made the hour + drive to have it done. She now has a shinny new CD (DVD?) for the doctor to look at. We won't know about the surgery until after her next appointment. He wants to do both at once if possible, which is what my wife wants. Get it all done together.

IT CAME! IT CAME! YAY! The package from Tasmania was in the mail when I got home Friday! I've read through the material several times already. This came from Susie McMahon. It's a 'kit' for her Moxie doll. I love it. I do hope that Susie realizes that this poor doll will look nothing like the photos in the kit. LOL! I have so many ideas running through my brain. You can do a little girl or a fairy. FAIRY! You can get the kit too from her Etsy shop. Go here to see it. Or her dolls!
I know, I know....you're thinking "another project?" Well.....Yes! I normally have several (hundred) things going on at one time. It makes my wife crazy but that's just how my brain works. :)  LOL!

"Moxie" - all the way from Tasmania

BC & P UPDATE:
My Broom Corn and Pumpkins are looking good. They've come along wonderfully in the past two weeks. There is one row of pumpkins that have gotten quite large already. My neighbor's cousin showed up yesterday to mow the yard. I am glad I put up the little fence around the broom corn....I spoke with him and he did think it was weeds. I feel like I'm behind....I have seen so many posts - blogger and facebook - where people have their pumpkins growing. But, I started too early last year, so I just have to take my time. :)


pumpkins - week 2
this was yesterday, they are even bigger this morning

broom corn - week 2
on the left (pumpkins on the right)

I transplanted my kale as well yesterday. They were in Jiffy Pods but they weren't big enough to put in the ground. So I moved them into the bigger Jiffy Pots and moved them outside. I'll give them a few weeks to 'bulk' up and then I'll put them in the ground. Hopefully that will be long enough for them.


see how frail they are? there are twelve pots with
two plants in each one

I thought I was going to have to drive to Huntsville Alabama - 3 1/2 hours away - last night to pick my daughter up at the airport. But 20 minutes before I was to leave she decided she was going to stay longer. I'm glad she's having a good time - she deserves it! It's so quiet at the house....well, except for her dog and cat. LOL! 
So I decided I was going to rent a movie - my wife went out with friends. I picked up "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo". All I can say is OMG. I don't know what I was expecting but I was not prepared for what I got. WOW. There was a woman in the grocery line that said the movie was 'really good, starts out slow'. It did start out a bit slow but then it was high drive from there. I think I'm going to have to find the book now. I haven't given any details, just in case you haven't seen it. The ending is STUPID! I really, really hate it when movies end like this. When it ended I was like 'Are you kidding'. Anyway, it was a good movie.


very intense movie

I think that's all for this post. I'm continuing with the Wee Stuffie work and I'll be working on the Moxie kit from Susie. Now that my daughter is extending her Maryland stay I will have to squeeze the Halloween panels into the mix too. And I have to seal and attach my Scare-Me-Crow's hands. And I have to get my butt busy on my DragonCon attire. Wow, looks like I will be busy...again (or still).

Have a great week!
Be Good, Be Safe, Be Happy!


TTFN
we're creeping closer to the giveaway - 33 and 114  ;)

4 comments:

  1. Oh goodie - it got there - no damage to the face-masks, I hope! Can't wait to see your "interpretation". I'm following with gereat angst the progress of your pumpkins..........after the terrible fate they suffered last year! I have my fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Ma'am - it arrived unharmed. :)
    I'm going to have so much fun making these.
    Shhhhhh, don't tell the new batch of pumpkins what happened....you'll scare them. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My seedlngs are just getting started too, Ron. It has been sooo coool here that mine are relegated to my tiny greenhouse and are thriving there. I'll be hoping for your pumpkins along with my squash!!
    I'll be checking back with great interest to see your progress...Susie's doll kit too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It has really been an odd year for weather, Rose. It got really hot early and now it's abnormally cool for Georgia. Here's fingers crossed for all our plants! :)

    ReplyDelete