Thursday, January 17, 2013

Attack of The 'Big Arse' Bug!

Hello All!
I feel like it's been an eternity since I've posted.......
Oh wait, I guess it has been.

I have been fighting the Flu for the past six days now. I am now, at least, able to sit up long enough to type. And oh so tired of being in bed. It hit me last Saturday and I spent the weekend in bed. Then on Monday I went to the doctor and was told that I had 'a flu' not 'the flu'. Yes, I had that same 'what do you mean' look on my face. I was informed that the strain I had was not the one that was going around and causing so much grief. This was based partly on the symptoms I didn't have.......well, that I didn't have on Monday. I came home from the doctor, took the medication he gave and went back to bed. I woke up Tuesday sicker than I was on Monday. All the symptoms that I thought I had missed miraculously made an appearance. I don't think I've been out of bed for more than ten minutes at time since coming home from the doctors office. This morning I woke up with an upset stomach and have been visiting the toilet on a very regular basis. Lord, I hope this garbage is almost done.
Well, now you know why I haven't been present on my blog.....

Let's see what else I can conjure up.....

Some time PTBS (Prior to being sick) I read a write-up over at Artifex Almanach about the Popovy Sisters. These ladies create some stunning dolls. I have been a fan of theirs for quite some time now. If you make dolls, you may have already heard of them. If not (whether you are a doll artist or any other variation of artist), I highly recommend visiting their site. I promise you will not be disappointed! Milena at Artifex Almanach did a really nice write up with lots of pictures. The Popovy sisters also have a website - Popovy-dolls - that you can visit. They also have a blog! Popovy Sisters. I'm only going to post one picture...otherwise, I would have to post everything they have done. :)

Popovy Sisters - Model #8

A couple of weeks ago I started back to exercising. I got a 'bicycle trainer' for Christmas. This simply makes your bike stationary. I used it three times and realized that somewhere over the past forty years that my posterior has really, really outgrown the sliver of material they call a seat. So what else could I do? I went out and got me a 'Big Arse' replacement seat. :)  Aaahhhhhh, much better! I was doing well too! Until the Flu snuck up on me. It's been a week since I've been on my bike. Blah!! Hopefully I will be able to get back to it some time in the near future.

new 'big arse' bike seat

On my last post we were waiting for confirmation......
Well, it has been confirmed! My baby is having a baby. She is six weeks along now. :)
It's exciting and terrifying all at the same time. She's been really happy about it! I'm happy for her too! I think my kids are trying to see how fast they can turn my hair white (it's almost there) or make it fall out (that's almost there too). :)
This is for my children - I Love You Both! And I Am Very Proud Of Both Of You!

I also got an announcement this past week - and for the life of me cannot remember from where (I blame it on the flu) that led me to this page....Spoonflower. You can create your own fabric. I'm sure that some of you are probably thinking 'yeah, already know about this', what can I say - I'm slow sometimes. :)  It's well worth looking at if you haven't seen it yet. And if you have, I only have one question....Why didn't you tell me about it? LOL!

And here's a sneak peak of what I was working on PTBS last week. It's a new Wee Stuffie for my Etsy shop for Valentine's Day. I hope to be able to finish it shortly to get it posted in time. Maybe I can do some of the sewing from bed now that I can actually sit up. Yes, the flu brought this project to a screaming halt. Which has done nothing but annoy me for the past week. As soon as I get it completed I will let you know! *fingers crossed*

new material to play with -
Valentine stuff on the left and the lower right is
burlap....just really liked it for some reason  :)

Valentine stuffie waiting to be stuffed

head and button placement (pinned)
even added ears this time  :)

added nose, eyelashes and 'stockings'

eyes and ears attached
beginning of lace attachment



Well, I guess that's all for now.
I hope you all have a fantastic week! And I hope you are all able to avoid this flu that is making so many people miserable! Stay Healthy!

Looks like we have a new member too!
Hi Suzan! Thanks for stopping by!!

til next time,
Be Good, Be Safe, Be Happy!!!


TTFN

3 comments:

  1. Firstly, Congratulations! Secondly, the Wee Stuffie is very cute! Thirdly, I hope you're better soon. Forthly, thank you for the Popovy links. I'd heard of them, but I didn't know there was a blog. There seems to be a HUGE number of amazing doll makers in Russia at the moment. I hope an exhibition comes over here, or a book, or a documentary or something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Thank you and Thank you! :) J/K!
      There does seem to be an abundance of talent in Russia. Some really beautiful work too!
      I've seen some photos from their doll shows....all I can say is WOW!
      P.S. - Love your new one too! Marie is splendid!

      Delete
    2. Thank you, Ron. She's been fun. The best thing about 18th century designs is that you can't ever have enough decoration! It's not roses or bows. It's roses AND bows. With lace.

      Delete