Sunday, November 10, 2013

Running Baby Portraits!

Good Morning Everyone!
Hope you've all had a productive week!
It's been a hectic (I know, that's not abnormal!) one in my little corner of the world.

We have started working on holiday gifts. The place looks like a bomb went off. There are various projects taking place in my studio, the living room and of course the dinning room table is completely inaccessible at the moment. Unfortunately, I can't show any photos at this moment. Don't want to give away any secrets! LOL! My wife and daughters began their Christmas shopping this past week. They spent the day together. I'm glad they all got the time to spend together. :)

just a tease - pieces cut for one of the holiday projects

I realized after I posted last week that I forgot to show you the goodies I got after Halloween. I always go shopping afterwards. It's the 50-75% off that gets me. :)

post Halloween goodies!
tea towels, skelly garland, ornaments, pumpkin bells,
black tea-light owl and new doormat

The online class that I'm taking from Ankie Daanen is going well. The doll looks good so far. And believe it or not I'm only a week behind. I seemed to have run out of hours this past week. Nothing new, never seems to be enough of it! 

does this photo make my butt look big?
LOL!

front side - lesson one

lesson two - paper clay being applied

We are also gearing up for a holiday gathering. I think it's going to be the weekend after Thanksgiving. I guess that means I'm going to have to move all the projects to the spare bedroom and padlock the door!

This past Tuesday began my babysitting adventures! I get to watch over Kennedy while my daughter goes to school. She started back (post baby) on Tuesday. I had a blast with little miss Kennedy. We sat and talked (ok, she listened, mostly). She's gonna be hell on wheels when she gets her balance. You would swear she's running a marathon the way she kicks and wiggles. Remember all the exercise videos of 'the bicycle'? Where you lay on your back and 'ride' a bike....well, imagine a little, tiny person doing it. That's Kennedy! She just goes to town riding her bike! LOL!
Got to spend some time with my grand daughter Shaylor this past week as well. She was in my studio with me. That girl can talk! I don't think she took a breath the whole time she was with me! She likes to 'paint' when she's "working in my studio" with me. She put all her drawings on my door. She went and got the magnets from the fridge so she could stick them on my downstairs door. She's so sweet! And I got Lawton's school picture too! Lord they wear me out! Love em all!!

miss Kennedy after her exercise routine

my oldest grand son, Lawton


And just when I thought I couldn't possibly squeeze any more into 24 hours - Looks like I may have a New Portrait Client! I'm so excited. We've begun choosing the image to be used and all the initial information for the portrait! I have to remember to get permission to post progress pictures on my blog. It's a Christmas gift, so I may not be able to post anything until after he's given his wife the painting. I will keep you all posted on the progress!

Well, I do believe that's all the news that fits.
Have a great week! See you all soon!

Be Good, Be Safe, Be Happy!!


TTFN



No comments:

Post a Comment