Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sneaky Holiday Gathering

Hello All!
Hope your days away have been productive and happy!
Can you believe it's almost Thanksgiving? Man, that went fast! Busy, Busy, Busy!

This post, along with the next few, will be a tad short and secretive. Due to working on Christmas gifts. Can't give too much away! LOL  My wife and I have been working diligently on this years gifts - next year I think we need to start in June. I'll show you a sneak peek...
how's this for a sneak? HA!

I've been working on the doll from Ankie's class as well. Not as much as I would like but there's just so much being crammed into this time of year. She's coming along very well and I'm really happy with her so far. There's a lot of talented people taking the class with me. Wonderful versions of this doll being made! When they are done I will ask if I can post some of their pieces for you to see.
body sanded smooth - I am so far behind!

My wife and I both got new vehicles recently. She got a Camry and I got a Tacoma. They are both Metallic Grey. I needed something with a backseat - with all my grand kids I needed more room. Imagine that! They're all getting so big, so fast! Just thinking about how fast they're growing makes me feel old! :)
my new truck - still with the window sticker

I was online the other day and came across an advertisement for Jolie's new movie - How The Hell Did I Miss This? It looks really good and she fits the character. It's called Maleficent, in case you haven't seen the ads for it. I love the makeup and the story line looks pretty good too. I must be slacking because I heard absolutely nothing about this - even though it's been in the works for over a year. Can't wait to see it!

My daughter got the opportunity to go and see Steve Harvey at the university this past week as well. She had a great time and said he was 'very motivational'. From the photos it looked like she had some pretty good seats too.



The new portrait is coming along fantastic. I have been very pleased with the progress so far. It appears that the client has been as well - That's Always A Good Thing! LOL! I haven't gotten permission to post progress pics yet, so I can't show the whole thing...maybe a peek. ;)

This coming week is going to be frantic! So much to do and so little time. Thanksgiving is going to be fairly quiet, but then we have a get together on Saturday. Lots of people, lots of children...just LOTS! So there will be plenty of prepping, cleaning and general cussing I'm sure. :) I will have to move all the gifts that we are working on into a room I can lock to keep out all the 'looky-lou's'. Have to work on the yard this week too. Gotta get the fire pit ready for a bonfire...marshmallows and all. Apparently there will be enough food for 200 people. I have three people cooking, I will have to cook nothing! It will be nice but extremely odd - since I usually do a lot of cooking and baking at this time of the year. I might even break out some of the mead I made. Only time will time.

I think that's all for now...I'm sure I've forgotten something. I have no doubt that I will remember it as soon as I post this.

Anyway, Be Good, Be Safe, Be Happy!!
And if I don't see you before then........HAVE A FANTASTIC THANKSGIVING!!

TTFN

slowing going back to the earth





No comments:

Post a Comment