Sunday, August 21, 2011

Possums and a new project

Morning All!
Hope everyone is well.....
It seems another week has passed. That was fast.

Its been a busy week in my lil' corner of the woods....
My daughter got home from California on Tuesday Morning and she's been running ever since...she's in Florida now. Getting ready for their cruise that leaves on Monday. Their going to the Bahamas. I hope she has a great time.

I've decided to try my hand at ACEO's. These are artist trading cards. They are 2 1/2 x 3 1/2 inches (the size of a baseball card). There are a good bit of them out there....different style and techniques. I've come across them before but just decided I wanted to do some. I've been working on three of them that are almost complete. My first ones have a theme...Halloween (of course). I am really pleased with the way they have turned out. They should be completed some time this coming week. I think they will be posted on Etsy or Ebay. Not sure yet....got to get some more information on those two sites.
ACEO's came from ATR's (artistit trading cards). ATR's are for artists to trade with other artists. Apparently ATR's have been around for a long time...centuries. It was a way for artists to get to know one another and get familiar with each others styles and techniques. ACEO's came along when non-artist wanted to share in the fun of collecting mini pieces of art. ACEO stands for Art Cards, Editions and Originals. There are many sites out there now that have some amazing work. I encourage you to go and look some of these up. Who knows, maybe you'll become a collector (you can start with mine - HA).
sneek peek - ACEO's

Last night (Saturday) we went out with some friends...we went to the VFW in Carrollton, Ga to see a band that is made up of some guys that my neighbor works with. I had never been to this VFW hall. I was surprised at how well it was kept. The hall that the band played in was actually quite large. It didn't look that big from the outside.
The band is called "Georgia Possum Band". They were damn good. The first set was songs from their new CD. I was impressed with how good they sounded. The rest of the show was covers. They did really well with these too. They have a down home, country-rock sound that comes through regardless of what they are playing but it sounds great. I was glad my neighbor suggested going to see them. I was a little disappointed at the turn out of people. There weren't a lot of people that showed up...which is really a shame. These guys deserve to be heard. They will be playing at the McIntosh Festival next month. Hopefully they will get some more exposure then.
They have videos on YouTube and they are on Facebook if you want to see more about them. Here's the link for the song 'Boys From The Woods'

The Georgia Possum Band


Sally and I

Connie, Sally and Amy - having a good time

I also spoke with a woman with the band (business card exchange) who told me about booth information for the McIntosh festival in september and the Humming Bird festival in October. Who knows....maybe you'll see me there selling my art!

I have to figure out how to put my 'Etsy' or 'Ebay' into my blog. So I can show what I have for sale. I think there is a way to show them on Facebook too. I just have to find out how......any suggestions? That's an ongoing endevour.

My blood pressure has been staying level...so it looks like no more pills for me! YAY! It has been a chore trying to keep my sodium down, though. It's in everything. It's a conspiricy I tell ya!! :)  I have gotten some good advice from friends who are in the same boat. So hopefully it will get easier as time goes on.

I guess thats all that I'll bore you with this time around. Have a great day and enjoy the rest of the weekend.


TTFN
p.s. only 70 more days til Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment