Sunday, September 04, 2011

I'm late, I'm late.....

Hey Everyone!
Hope you all are doing great!
I can't believe I've fallen behind on posting (again).

Let's see if I can catch up....
Two weeks ago....
Friday night. We got together with our neighbors and had a driveway party! HA! Actually it was a 'learn how to line dance' party. It was me, Sally, Karen, Connie, Amy, Barry, Shirely, Dennis and Isabel. We had a blast! I can now say I know how to line dance! Karen was a great teacher. Sally kept giving up, saying she couldn't do it. Guess who was the first one to get it down pat? Sally!
Now I just have to go out dancing so I can practice! Anyone want to go?? I have to work on my steps...apparently I take 'large' steps. Karen says I will step on somebody if I don't cut them down some. :)
Next weekend we are getting together for a cookout....Smoked Turkey!! Can't wait. I'll have to be really good with my sodium this week so I can have some!
Speaking of.....I have managed to lose 7 of the 30 pounds my doctor wants me to lose. YAY! I haven't gotten back to P90 yet because my blood pressure has been whacked out. But it seems to be leveled out now. Now I just have to get it into my head again to get back to exercising. Wish me luck!!

I have been working on my ATC's (ACEO's) as well. I have 5 completed now. I will be joining a couple of sites this next week to show them off. I think I'm going to set up an Etsy account to sell them through. Has anyone used Etsy? Any tips?? I'm really excited about this project. Here's a preview of the ones I've completed so far.....
Acrylic on various 'card stock'

I've watched two movies in the last couple weeks. Which is really a lot for me. The first one was "SuckerPunch". The effects and 'style' of this movie were really good. The plot was so-so. At the end of the movie all I could think was that it was made by a group of horny 13 year olds. That's what I came away with...'this was just an excuse for chics to run around in their underwear' (not as bad as that one with Christina Ricci and Samuel Jackson - that was a waste of film).


The second one was "Priest". It was pretty good. Not quite up to all the hype it got but not too bad either. The storyline was good (image the Church as the bad guys - who would have thought). It did take a long time to build up to the climax. Which was over very quickly. And they left it wide open for a sequel. All in all a fairly good movie.


Can you believe it's September already? Wow! We must be on that down hill slope...cause it's going fast. BUT! that means it's almost time to set up my Halloween decorations!! I CAN'T WAIT! I have a nice big porch now, lots of room to decorate. I get to use my fog machine this year too! It's brand new, still in the box. I have some new stuff to put out as well. And best of all - my daughter will be here to help me set up. She likes Halloween almost as much as I do. She's got a good eye for decorating as well. We always have a good time setting up. The last time she helped me we spent almost 5 hours putting up decorations. :) I'm excited to see how this years will turn out.
A friend of ours runs a haunted house too! They are getting ready for the 2011 season. I'm sure it will be great! The people involved are wonderful and really friendly. I can hardly wait to see the new location. I know that Travis and Preston (and all the others) have been working their arse's off! You can visit Psycho Haunted House here. Be ready, they'll scare the yell out of ya! :) Here's a couple of older photos.....

This ones from the Douglasville parade. It's Jenifer, Stephanie and Bill. I was there too but I can't find the photos. I was just carrying the sign, no make up. Had a good time though!

And here's Jenifer in action! She was in the front room. Did a really good job. This picture was taken by one of the customers. I had to look more than once to realize this was my baby girl! :)

GO SEE THEM AT PSYCHO HAUNTED HOUSE THIS YEAR! TELL THEM RON SENT YOU.

I guess that's about all for now. Have a great night and enjoy the holiday weekend. Stay out of trouble.


TTFN
p.s. What did you think of my new header and background?


No comments:

Post a Comment