Monday, December 26, 2011

The Day After....

No, not the apocalyptic movie....
although with the trip I just made to the dump...it could have been. :)
I've gotten really lazy about running to the junk yard. I must have had 15 bags of trash (about 3+ weeks worth) plus all the boxes from yesterday. Whew! Oh well, it's all done now.
That was a sidetrack and a half......

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. I hope that you all got to spend time with the ones you love. If not, just remember you are in their hearts!
I had a really nice Christmas. I got to spend it with my wife, my children and my grandchildren. Got some good stuff too! :P
I put things together so I could take a picture. It made me laugh when I looked at it.
Guess what I got for Christmas?........HALLOWEEN!
Wow, I think I can hear people moaning. My daughter and my neighbor both got me Halloween decorations!
They're great (the people and the decorations). My wife got me my new Renaissance boots! I can't wait to put them on! They came from SCA boots. They have some really nice boots if you're in the market for a pair.
my collection of Christmas gifts

my wonderful kids

I got two new Nutcrackers to add to my collection too! One is a ginger bread man. I think I will have to build a table or a shelf (or a room) next year to hold all my nutcrackers. Normally I would have opened them and stuck them up with the others...but....my mantle won't hold any more. 
AND....did you notice the little blue card in the left corner? It's a four day pass to DRAGON CON!!! I'm so excited! Yes, I am well aware of how big a geek I am. I've lived in Georgia for 17+ years and have not been to DragonCon once. It always seems to sneak up on me. Now I have my Ren boots I need to get busy with my garb. I want to make a doublet for RenFest and now I have to come up with something to wear for DragonCon. Yes, I plan on dressing for my first year at DragonCon. My wife is already rolling her eyes. She should have known....after all, she's the one who got me the 4-day pass. 
My Boo Bat (in the very front) got hung on my Christmas tree, immediately after being open. His eyes glow green. It's fantastic! And the big BOO (in the middle) is a picture frame with a photo (on of my favorite) of my little girl. Yes, the little girl in the picture frame is the same one in the bottom photo. Man, I feel old. :)

I hope that you all got just what you wanted. I wish you all a wonderful and prosperous coming year! 

I managed to sneak a little 'create time' in too. I've been working on Harley. He now has his wings and a snazzy harlequin pattern. It must have been what he wanted...cause it came together quickly and easily. Which is no small feat in itself. I do have to say that I am happy with his current direction. Here's some recent photos of his progress....
the wing pattern. and two different stuffings. the one on
the left is the old stuffing that I was using (big box). the
one on the right is the new stuff (pain in the arse to use).
Harley waiting for his wings

wings attached

a look at the back side of the wings - little glitters

I had to tie his hands up. he wouldn't keep
them out of the way. I swear he giggled while
I was painting the harlequin squares

Harley's new digs. the beans (in his bottom -
buttbeans) are making me crazy.....that's 
what the lumps on the right side are. I have
to figure out how to eliminate them

I guess that's all for now. 
Have a great day! 
Be sure and let those you love know it! Even if they're tired of hearing it. :)


TTFN




No comments:

Post a Comment