Sunday, May 29, 2011

RENFEST 2011!

Went to the Georgia Renaissance Festival today...Had a blast! I didn't get dressed for it though. My boots weren't ready and I had nothing else I could wear with my garb.

Opening the gates...

The Village Idiot...
he did a good job but last years idiot was much more verbal...


And the Pickly Guys (my daughter, Jenifer,  LOVES pickles, this ones for her. Wish you were here!)...


We saw Dead Bob (very amusing) and Hey, Nunny Nunny (hysterical)...



And in the midst of all the dressed up fair goers...were these two. The outfits (leather crafted by them) were unbelievable. The photos look great but seeing them up close was breath taking. Simply Magic!...
and they were the friendliest people!!



We watched Barely Balanced's fire finale (always a good show, always)...



And then Sally and Connie watched the Tortuga Twins while I went to see a pirate about a sword (hence, no photos of the Tortuga's)....
Captain Matt and his crew at the Pirate Ship always do a give away. Free stuff that he throws out, Free stuff that he draws numbers for, an auction and a crowd favorite "Trust the Pirate"... Which got me a REALLY NICE SWORD (I'll post pics of it as soon as I take some).....



And at the end of the day (the only time you see this guy) is the ent (treeman).....




All in all it was a wonderful, if a bit hot - 90 some degrees, day. And Sally has stopped given me crap about her dressing up and has actually started looking at some really gorgeous dresses. She likes red ones....so who knows, maybe next year we will both be dressed for the fair. And maybe it will only be in the 80's. HA! I can dream, can't I?

TTFN
and yes I am well aware of what a geek/dork I am! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment