Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sew-Sew Progress....

I've gotten one pattern cut out. Only two more to go. I have also made a trip to the store for everything I forgot to get yesterday....ribbon (yellow and pink), thread (yellow, pink and olive) and pearl snaps for the closures. In the process of digging thru my misc collection of junk, I came across something that made me stop and think....my mother's pinking shears. I think I'll use them to cut out the next two patterns. Maybe I can channel my mother thru the sewing machine! :) Here's a peek...












In other news.....
My pumpkins are doing great! this is day 11 outside in the containers. They are really getting big. They have thick stems (that's a good sign) and large leaves, considering they've only been out there a short time. I thought we were going to have issues because the temp went from 90/60 to 60/40 for five days. They didn't seem to like the cold. But now it's back in the 90's again here in good ol' Georgia.

The Cactus is doing great as well, lots of beautiful blooms. They are the brightest yellow. My neighbor, Amy, got them planted in the hole that I dug for them. I've got my fingers crossed (eyes and toes, too) that they will make it in their new home....Amy is looking for rocks to create a bed for them as well.


I guess that's all for now. I'll post more as I get more done. Have a great day!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment