Saturday, May 28, 2011

State Park...

Went to the state park today. Sweetwater Creek. Had a blast. I haven't been there in 15 years or so...
Got to see the old mill. Got some ok pictures from outside the fence....you can only go in during a guided tour. I mean, I understand, but it still sucked! Oh well, next time I'll know. We saw (have photos of) frogs, snakes and dragonflies. And of course the water....


Did really well too...it was (guessing) about 2 1/2 to 3 miles. The red trail was rocky and full of roots. The blue trail was fairly smooth, though it was up and down (way up, way down).

Hopefully some of the photos I will be able to use for a painting or two. I have one of  the mill ruins that I think will work out great. I'll keep you posted on that.

Off to the Georgia Ren Fest tomorrow. YAY! Unfortunately, my boots aren't done so I won't be getting dressed for it this year. Next time! Or maybe a different one (another state) this fall. Maybe Texas? That one is supposed to be really big. Who knows....only time will tell.

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment