Friday, June 17, 2011

Bunny Butt Beans!

Made ya look....
I've been busy with several projects at once....again.
I got fed up with FrankenDora so I had to take a break. I came across a pattern for a bunny. I made a few changes (so it looks nothing like the original). I thought I'd start with the patriotic material first. It's coming along very well.
I had gotten the head, arms and feet done before it even dawned on me to take any pictures...

and here's where the Bunny Butt Beans come in....beans for his butt to help him sit up right.  :)

and here he is as of tonight. waiting to have his head attached (think he's been to see the Red Queen?). Then just his eyes and mouth.

I'm sure you're asking "what about FrankenDora"? Well, this simple dress is really aggrevating me to no end. I do not like how it's turned out. I've been told it's just me, but I really dislike it. I did manage to find bows to match the ribbon. Hopefully, that will help with the main reason I dislike it. I also found some trim for the neckline that I think will make it 'pop'. There are no progress pictures at this moment...I hope to have it done this weekend. Assuming I don't take the seam ripper to it.   :/


It has been a really messed up week. My truck decided it wasn't going to start so I had to work from home on monday. Of course the dealership couldn't even squeeze me in until tuesday. So I dropped it off Monday night. Freaking out about how much it was going to cost. You'll never guess what it was.....the battery had "gone bad". But by the time I got that news I was already well beyond pissed off. I was pretty basically told I was a peon and shouldn't be able to 'work from home'. Needless to say, the rest of the week just kind of stewed. However, this morning I was enlightened as to the reasoning of the statement from Tuesday......
People have a huge misconception of what my job is. I am an IT Coordinator. What the hell is that? Glad you asked. It's various things. I run from PC to PC 'fixing' things. Adding / Deleting programs. Correcting user mistakes, physically fixing equipment. That's about 20% of my day. The other 80% is computer support. Monitoring servers, correcting mistakes through the 'back door', setting up the programs that other people use. The misconception comes into play because most people only 'see' me when I am at their computer telling them to move so I can fix it. They NEVER see all the behind the scenes work that goes on in my office.
So I'm a little better now that I know it's a 'job wide' problem and not just mine.
That being said....My feelings were still hurt. I've worked at this job for 10 years now. You would think that the people I work with everyday would have some clue as to how much I do. It's one of those..."If everything is running smoothly, I'm just a peon. If things crash, whose name do you think they start screaming?".
Oh well, I feel better now. Time to let go and move on. Thanks for listening. :)


Now for some pumpkin news.....
**sniff, sniff (big boo-boo lip)**
The plants look great! The flowers are simply huge and really beautiful...but the pumpkins that I saw starting up are begining to die. I have no earthly idea why. More are appearing but the 'first' ones are yellowing and dieing off. It's really quite saddening. Am I missing some nutrient that I don't know about? Is this normal? Does anyone know? If so, please tell me. I really want pumpkins of my own this year!!
Here are two of them...There are several others that are this bad or worse. If anyone has suggestions please pass them along!! I would really appreciate it very much!






TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment