Sunday, June 12, 2011

Off To A Great Start...

Good Sunday Morning To You!

This is the way to start off a day.....
Flowers blooming, projects finished and losing weight! Yeehaw! :)

There are a multitude of bright yellow pumpkin flowers all over my back porch. A few of them are 6-7 inches across. If you look at the picture on the left you will see them and the ones that are getting ready to bloom. These are all 'male' flowers. The 'female' flowers are the ones on top of the baby pumpkins....











Also there are many baby pumpkins. These plants are the best looking ones I have grown. :)  I am so happy! I may actually have pumpkins for Halloween this year (without having to go and buy them). I believe that both of the pumpkins in the photos are 'Sorcerer' pumpkins from Harris Seeds. I have Jarrahdale, Cinderella, Silver Moon and Cotton Candy too.














My candles are completed too! Yay! They turned out great. The silicone bulbs that I used look really good in these candles. This is the first set. I am going to do one more set. But I think I'm going to do the next set in red. I may even do a give-a-away closer to October. I guess that means I need more 'stalkers'. ;p  Any ideas on how to get more people to follow my blog?? I will let everyone know about the give-a-away as it gets closer. Here's how the first set turned out.....














My wife and I have been working at losing weight. We go for a daily walk and have cut back on the things we eat and drink. My wife is .9 pounds away from her goal. This will put her at 45 pounds lost. I was down another 3 this morning. Which was nice considering I sure don't feel like I lost anything. :)  I have been slacking on my exercises....I really need to get back to my P90. Sally has been using the programs on the WII. She's been doing great and has really been sticking to it. She has inspired relatives and friends to lose weight as well. I am really proud of her!

Have a great Sunday!!


TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment