Wednesday, June 08, 2011

Muddleing along.....

Just an update to all that is my life......
let's see....where to start...
I guess project updates....

FrankenDora (the dress) is waiting for ribbon and a snap enclosure....no photos (not til it's finished). I did however, find a simple dress pattern that I am going to try out on the other material as soon as Dora is finished. I also found some trim for the bottom of the butterfly material and the flower material. Now I just have to complete Dora. I REFUSE to start another dress until this one is complete.

Ms. Susie sent me a PDF of her process for her dolls!! YAY! Very helpful!!!
I wasn't as far off on the process as I thought I was....just impatient! (who? me? never! HA). I even managed to use the same acrylic 'goop' as Susie did. She takes her's a step further with gesso. When I get caught up on my current projects I will definately put her instructions to work!
THANK YOU SUSIE!! THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!

Now for a couple of updates with photos.....

My 'can you guess it' project is coming along great. I spoke with Al today, he is a great wealth of knowledge! Got some 'electrical' tips from him. I have managed to get the sockets in place and the wires cut, crimped and 'foamed' into place. And I plugged in the lights and THEY WORK!!! Hurray!!

the sockets waiting for the next step.

the bottoms with the wireing all 'foamed' up...which is now expanding out of the bottom of the tubes and all over my work space....

And one of the 'heads' to my Hallowcritters that I've been working on - on and off again - It's a bovine skull that I have cleaned, bleached and have begun designs on. I will be adding blacklight paint over top of the designs so that it will glow. Not sure about the body yet.....


moooo-spooky!

And here's a shot of my motely crew, so far. Some are new, some are not...

motley Boo! :}

And the pumpkins are doing fantastic! They're not thrilled about the heat (still in the 90's and the humidity was back today). I counted at least 6 'what appear to be the start of pumpkins' yesterday. One of which is 10 times the size of the others...

(6 am Wednesday morning.)

I had to stand on the other side of the porch to get them all in the photo. They have gotten huge. Two of them come to the top of my head (all 5'8 of me). the space between the pots are about 2 foot now. They are also hanging out the other side of the railing. I hope I get something this year!


Have a great night!! Or morning in Susie's case!! :)


TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment