Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Holy Cat on a hot tin roof, Batman.....

Good Lord it's Hoooottttt!
I do hope this is not how the entire summer is going to be. It has been misarable the last few days here in Georgia. How hot did you say? Well, this will give you an idea.....

this is what my poor pumpkin plants looked like when I got home from work. They each took an entire watering can full of water....


They have since perked up and look 100 times better now.

And then (must have been out of my mind) I went out and transplanted my potted plants from the back porch to the side yard. I swear I must have lost at least 10 pounds just from sweating....anyway, I think they turned out pretty well. Now I just have to keep them alive long enough to root.


Some of these were plants that were in Sally's bird cage (turned atrium). They didn't like being in there for some reason. They like being outside but not in direct sun. This side of the house gets sun in the morning but not in the afternoon when it's really hot. As you can see my Virginia Creeper (red ivy) is doing well over here. I have to get some more mulch to help keep the moisture in now....

Back to work on the Dora Dress.....I've been procrastinating because of the pleats. Once the pleats are done and the top and bottom are connected...I just have to add the ribbon and it will be done. Tonight? probably not. More likely tomorrow.

Have a good night!

TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment