Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Brain Melt!

Hi All! Hope everyone is doing well.

I've been working on an outside project the last few days.....I think I finally melted my brain today. It was miserably hot. We started early...about 9am. By 10:30 / 11 I looked like someone had dunked me in a river. But I persevered and finished everything that I had materials for. YAY!
What was the project? Glad you asked....I have been building an arbor that will be the enterance to my backyard. It has come along quite well (even if I do say so myself).

Day 1 ~ Post cemented in with spacers and braces

Day 2 ~ Got the dirt packed, boxed in and cemented (it rained 20 minutes later)

Day 3 ~ Got the lattice up, a little design work on the front boards and the slats in (needs one more in the middle, ran out of wood). Started leveling the ground around it too.

Now I just have to wait for the cement to fully dry...then it will be painted white. The arbor, not the cement. :)
When that is all done, I will be planting wysteria and creeping, thornless roses. It will be Roses, Wysteria, Roses on both sides. There will also be a black wire mesh fence eventually too.
At this point I had to stop...pounding headache from being out in the sun for way too long.
What do you think? Not too bad for my first arbor.  :)

Went to the Lab on monday...Yippee. Had to have blood drawn. My doctor wanted me to have blood tests to make sure I was as old as he thought I was - HA! I'll know in a few weeks if things are 'normal'. Like thats likely - normal, that is.
Speaking of doctors, I forgot to mention that my mother in law is doing fine. Her spider bite doesn't look any where near as bad as it did when I took her to have it checked. All the swelling and redness has gone. It's healing up well.

My baby (she's 19), who is in California, has a cist on her hand that is causing her a lot of pain. It's keeping her from doing things - her school work, her dishes, etc. She goes to the doctor tomorrow, hopefully they can do something so she can get back to business. Keep your fingers crossed! I miss you, Jenifer!!!

The heat and humidity has been playing havoc with my pumpkins. They look horrible. The leaves are wilted and yellowed. One of the big green ones (the smaller of the two) isn't going to make it. :(  The vine has all but died and the pumpkin is already turning soft. The other one is still growing, at a much slower pace now. I'm hoping it isn't going to shrivel up on me too. The others seem to be doing well at this point.

Well, I guess that's all for now.
Have a great evening!


TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment