Monday, July 04, 2011

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!

Good day to you all!!
I trust that everyone is enjoying their long weekend?

It's been a busy one! I managed to get some crafting in amoungst everything else...
I think I've got the 'sew bug'.....what do you think?


I've started working on Christmas gift...After the second go round. The first pattern didn't give me the outcome I wanted. The two dollies in the front (right side) are "Ju-Ju dolls" which need eyes and adornments. These are smaller versions of a pattern I made a few years back. The original is about 5 times this size and were made for my nieces at Christmas. I've been told that they still have them but I haven't seen them. Maybe I can get a pic or two so I can see how well they held up. The large half doll in the back is the beginnings of my "Bag Lady". She still has a ways to go as you can clearly see. And of course my bunnies. I haven't been able to get to the store for what I need. Maybe today? Ya never know.  :)

The pumpkins have doubled in size just since my last post. I didn't take any pictures, I will at the end of the week. I'm sure you all are tired of hearing about my pumpkins. What can I say? I'm excited. Wait til they turn orange.....;P

Out in the front yard....My sunflowers are just about to bloom. I have a large pot with about 20 plants in it. When they bloom it should look like a pot of gold. Well, as close as can be expected...there are 3 or 4 differnet varities in the pot. Yellow, Red, Orange and a mix.






I have had my other puppies this weekend too! Yup, been babysitting. They've been really good and well behaved little boys. I'm glad it hasn't rained this weekend. They say it's supposed to today. Hopefully their owners will get back before it decides to pour. I have also discovered that they (like my two) do not like fireworks. The loud bangs and pops scare them. I had to go and make sure they were ok about 10:30 last night because of all the racket that was going on in my neighborhood. They weren't happy with all the noise but they were glad I came to sit with them for a little bit. They calmed down once I convinced them I wasn't going to let anyone hurt them. Then I had to go back in and get my two calmed down. Roxxy thought it was thunder and started to freak out. She REALLY doesn't like thunder. Everything worked out in the end. Here's my other dogs.....


Rocky

Newton

Cotton

Yesterday was Lawton's (my oldest grandson) birthday. He turned 6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LAWTON - LOVE YOU!! My how time flies...can't believe he's six already. We're gonna have a pool party for him next weekend.

That's my grandchild! (swiped this from FB) 


I guess that's all for now.....Have a great day and I will leave you with this....



The Star Spangled Banner Lyrics

By Francis Scott Key 1814


Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light

What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?

Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,

O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?

And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,

Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.

Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?



On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,

Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,

What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,

As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?

Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,

In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:

'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!



And where is that band who so vauntingly swore

That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,

A home and a country should leave us no more!

Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.

No refuge could save the hireling and slave

From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:

And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!



Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand

Between their loved home and the war's desolation!

Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land

Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.

Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,

And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."

And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave

O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!




TTFN





No comments:

Post a Comment