Thursday, July 21, 2011

What A Week

Hi Everybody!
Hope you all have been having a good week.
It's been a heck of a week on this end. Monday I went back to work after being off for a week (worked on the arbor) and it was BLAH! Computers not working, computers crashing, printers crashing and dying, software not working....the list just goes on. And it's only Thursday. Phew!!
But I did have a good Wednesday (after work). I got a New Red Truck. Yay! It's a Ranger, just like my last one, only it was grey. It's called fireburst red. It's almost maroon. And it has power! Power locks (I even got a beep-beep, never had one of those) Power windows (I'm still reaching for the knob to roll the window down) a CD player and even a jack for an ipod. I'm really happy with it. Although I had to have them fix a turn signal bulb - which turned out not to be the bulb but a recalled sensor. Oh well, whatcha gonna do.

New! Red! Yay!

My pumpkins are really depressing me....in the last week and a half I have lost 4 of them. Due to bugs, as I discovered by accident. They had bored holes in the underside where they couldn't be easily seen. I was letting my buppies out a few nights ago and the critters were all huddled around the stem. I sprayed them with bug spray. But I saw more today. :<

This is the 2nd one I lost...no pics of the first as it was full of lil black ant (inside)


this was the 3rd one I lost. It was about the size of a baseball (shouldn't be orange yet)


this poor thing...it was a white pumpkin...it rotted on the vine (no idea why)


This is my biggest one (about the size of 3 softballs) It's turning orange early too.


this I think is one of the culprits...I caught about 4 of them munching on the stem of my biggest one.

this is a little white one. doing good so far. it's about the size of a baseball. no holes that I have found.
there's one more green one (will be white, i think) that is doing well too.

Hopefully the two that are left will yeild something. I'm really bummed that the others didn't make it. I may start a few more this weekend....It will give me about 3 months. They say they take from 90-100 days to mature. Wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed (eyes and toes too!)


Have a great night!


TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment