Sunday, July 17, 2011

MMMMMM, Nummy, Nummy!

I got the bakin' bug today! I made some cookies...they iz good!!  :)
They're kinda, sorta chocolate chip cookies...
I started with a basic chocolate chip cookie recipe and went from there. I am posting the recipe just in case someone else wants to make some of these. You'll be glad you did.
The basic recipe is from the Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book. It's my Mom's old cook book. Poor thing looks like it's been thru a war. The pages are discolored and falling out. Oh well, it still works!! :)

Ingredients:
2 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup Criso Baking Sticks, Butter Flavor
1 cup packed Dark Brown Sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnimon
half a bag of Ghirardelli White Chocolate Chips
half a box of Golden Raisins
Bag of Dried Apricots
Bag of Dried Pineapples
**anything in this color are ingredients that I added or changed from the basic recipe**

Directions:
Put the Dried Apricots and Dried Pineapple in a processor and grind until it's 'cut up'. It becomes sticky and makes a ball. Mix everything together except the dried fruit, raisins and chocolate chips. Once everything else is thouroghly mixed then you can add the other ingredients, one at a time, mixing inbetween (this just makes it easier to mix). You can use an electric mixer if you like. I mixed mine by hand...one, because I don't have a mixer and two, because I think it's easier to squish it (like making meatloaf).


the dough is dark due to the dark brown sugar

Once everything is mixed, drop them onto an ungreased baking sheet. Set your oven to 375 and bake them for 8-10 minutes. I have a gas oven (wouldn't use anything else) and I baked mine for 9 minutes. They have a slight crunch but are still chewy. Do 10 minutes if you want crunchy. I use two trays and alternate...because it is best to leave the cookies on the tray for about 2 minutes before taking them off. That way they won't crumble or break.

ENJOY!


Have a great evening!!


TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment